Date: July 20, 2022
Time: 4:00 pm
Location: Gunflint Lodge
This community gathering and fundraiser supports the efforts of the Gunflint Trail Fire Department (GTFD) while bringing together residents and visitors to the Trail for an evening of Northwoods-style fun. 16 canoe races, a Trail Cup, Food Tent, T-Shirts, Raffles and for the first time – an after-races dance.
- Sixteen (16) Canoe Races for multiple ages and abilities and plenty of space to cheer on your favorites from Trail resorts and outfitters. All are welcome to register onsite. Canoes and paddles provided. Bring your own life jacket.
- New in 2022 – The Trail Cup! A little competition is a good thing at the Canoe Races. Teams sponsored by Outfitters and Resorts along the Trail will compete for the honor of displaying The Trail Cup Paddle for one year and, of course, “bragging rights.”
- A Food Tent with delicious, well-priced Northwoods supper staples, prepared by the culinary team at Gunflint Lodge, will be available starting at 4:30 pm.
- The newly designed commemorative, fund-raising 2022 Canoe Races T-shirts, in six styles and quality choices may be purchased online May 27 to June 27 to arrive before the Races. Purchase online where additional donations to the GTFD will be accepted. A very limited number of shirts will be available onsite.
- Raffle tickets available and winners will be announced for a solid blue Kestrel-120 by Current Designs kayak and “The Portager” by Paddle North paddle board. The Kayak will be on display at Poplar Haus prior to the Races. Raffle tickets are available at numerous resorts and from volunteers before the Races. Winners to be announced just after the last fun-to-watch Gunnel Pumping Canoe Race.
- Additional raffle tickets will be available for a cozy, homey queen-size “Hygge on the Gunflint Trail” quilt made by the Gunflint Trail Quilters. Complete with matching shams it exudes warmth through woodsy scenes and iconic Buffalo plaid. The winning ticket will be drawn on August 1, 2022, and the quilt will be on display at Trail Center the last three weekends in July.
- New This Year! The first-ever Gunflint Trail After-Races Dance! The celebration of The Gunflint Trail continues at Poplar Haus. Join racers, friends and neighbors for a great way to end the evening on the glorious Gunflint Trail.
Categories: No Categories