Cook County Road 58 to Pincushion Mountain Trailhead, 4.9 miles
Hike on rugged, challenging terrain to Devil Track River, then join with gentle ski trails with an optional spur to Pincushion Mountain summit. Meet at Pincushion Mountain Trailhead.
Directions to Pincushion Mountain Trailhead: At Hwy. 61 milepost 110.0, turn left on Cook Co. Rd. 12 (Gunflint Trail) and go 2.0 miles. Turn right on Cook Co. Rd. 53 (Pincushion Drive) and go 0.25 miles to parking lot. Turn from Gunflint Trail has sign marked “Scenic Overlook.”
- SHTA weekend hikes begin at 10:00 AM rain, snow, or shine. Weekday hikes begin at 9:00 AM.
- Each hike is led by a member of the Superior Hiking Trail Association! Hike leaders may cancel or change the hike in the event of severe weather. The meeting location will always remain the same.
- Hikes are free of charge. No need to register.
- Wear sturdy boots or hiking shoes, bring lunch, water, and insect repellent.
- Due to past problems, dogs are not allowed on guided hikes.
- Hikes are rugged and often very challenging. Please assess your own abilities before deciding to participate. It is better to start small than to be overly ambitious about what you can handle. We offer a variety of hike lengths for this purpose.
Categories: No Categories