Crosby-Manitou State Park to Caribou Falls State Wayside, 8.0 miles
This very challenging hike features the rocky, rugged terrain of the North Shore’s wildest state park. The Manitou River and scenic overlooks are highlights. Not recommended for beginners. Meet at Caribou Falls State Wayside. Note: This hike involves a 30-minute shuttle.
Directions to Caribou Falls State Wayside: At Hwy. 61 milepost 70.5 on left side of highway.
- SHTA weekend hikes begin at 10:00 AM rain, snow, or shine. Weekday hikes begin at 9:00 AM.
- Each hike is led by a member of the Superior Hiking Trail Association! Hike leaders may cancel or change the hike in the event of severe weather. The meeting location will always remain the same.
- Hikes are free of charge. No need to register.
- Wear sturdy boots or hiking shoes, bring lunch, water, and insect repellent.
- Due to past problems, dogs are not allowed on guided hikes.
- Hikes are rugged and often very challenging. Please assess your own abilities before deciding to participate. It is better to start small than to be overly ambitious about what you can handle. We offer a variety of hike lengths for this purpose.
Categories: No Categories